“Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age is not”
Whenever it is a long weekend, the one word that comes to my mind is pampering, this means I deserve a spa day or DIY home facials. Now, during long weekends you are probably still busy with “owambes” so, I have the way out for you. One of the simplest ways to pamper your skin is through facials. And there are many easy homemade facials that I do at least twice a week to make my skin look popping. These are my top five simple homemade facials, they will help you look younger than your real age and your makeup application, flawless.
1. My favourite facial is the black soap, honey and brown sugar scrub. I use this scrub to exfoliate at least once a week to get rid of any dead skin cells, clean out my pores and make my skin glow while making way for new cells. This facial will leave your skin feeling soft and youthful and all you need to do is mix the ingredients listed and apply on a clean face.
2. Another favourite of mine is the turmeric and honey facial. As the name says, there are only two ingredients for this facial. This facial is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and helps brighten the skin naturally. Also, this facial helps reverse the effects of hyperpigmentation because of the skin lightening properties in it. Essentially, you will be left with clear and smooth skin.
3. A honey and lemon mask is perfect for a radiant complexion. There are many benefits of this mask, it removes dead skin cells, minimize pores, soothes irritation, hydrates skin and dries out pimples to mention a few. This is a simple mask and it good for all skin types. Just remember not to use this facial after exfoliating, it might sting a little or a lot.
4. The brown sugar and coconut oil facial is a simple but amazing exfoliant. This facial will leave your skin hydrated, so all my dry skinned girls will be looking nice with that healthy glow. Also, it is great for clearing the skin and giving it a brighter appearance. Ultimately, you are going to be left with softer, smoother and hydrated skin.
5. This is probably the easiest face mask on this list, it only has one ingredient that has so many benefits, it is the egg whites face mask. This facial will tighten and shrink large pores, it also helps to get rid of blackheads and even reduce under-eye puffiness. Oh, it also gives a youthful glow.
Overall, it is important to find which mask works well for your skin and make sure you are taking good care of your insides as you are your outsides.